You have no items in your cart. Want to get some nice things?Go shopping
There are now three weeks left to get your entries in for the 2013 IGGY & Litro Young Writers’ Prize. If you’re aged 13 to 18, or know a creative young person who is, then get writing to be in with the chance of winning £2,000 cash and publication.
The theme for entries is DREAM.
To enter the competition, you need to be an IGGY member. IGGY is a social network designed to help gifted young people between the ages of 13-18 realise their full potential.
13 – 18 year olds who are not yet members of IGGY and would like to submit a story to the competition will be offered a 20% discount on annual IGGY membership to join the competition.
Students wishing to join IGGY should go to https://www.iggy.net/registration and enter “Litro” in the sponsorship/promo code field of the registration process to claim the 20% discount. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with other membership offers.
Schools may apply for a free 4 month trial membership of IGGY in order for eligible students to apply to the IGGY and Litro Young Writers’ Prize. Schools will need to nominate a minimum of ten eligible students in order to be considered and should contact [email protected] for details.
- Competition theme is DREAM
- Winner will receive a cash prize of £2,000 and publication in Litro and at IGGY.net
- 5 runners up will receive £200 each
- Stories should be no more than 2500 words in length
- Deadline for submissions 13th September 2013
- The prize will be judged by the BBC broadcaster, writer & journalist, John McCarthy CBE, creative writer and perhaps the UK’s greatest teacher Francis Gilbert, writer and critic Ian Sansom, award winning writer and performance poet Dean Atta and young teenage writer Simi Prasad.
- Winner announced December 2013
- Enter via the IGGY site