You have no items in your cart. Want to get some nice things?Go shopping
The theme this year is DREAM, so if you’re an IGGY member aged between 13 – 18, send your stories of no more than 2,500 words in length, based on the theme. In addition to a cash prize of £2,000 the winner will be published in Litro and at IGGY.net. £200 will also be awarded to each of the 5 runners-up. Read some previous winners here.
You must be an IGGY member to submit your entry. For more information about IGGY and to get your 20% discount off annual membership, please click here.
Our partners IGGY have been in the news in the last couple of weeks – read what they’ve been cooking up here. IGGY is the University of Warwick’s educational social network, described as “the thinking teenager’s Facebook”.
The fourth IGGY and Litro Young Writers’ Prize will this year be judged by the BBC broadcaster, writer & journalist, John McCarthy CBE, creative writer and perhaps the UK’s greatest teacher Francis Gilbert, writer and critic Ian Sansom, award winning writer and performance poet Dean Atta and young teenage writer Simi Prasad.
- Competition opens on 3rd June 2013.
- Deadline for submissions 13th September 2013
- Winner announced December 2013
- The competition is open to IGGY members aged 13 – 18. Stories should be no more than 2500 words in length.
- If you’d like to take part in the IGGY and Litro Young Writers’ Prize and you’re not an IGGY Member, get a 20% discount off membership here.